View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Jones14
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
And as an aside, I'd not ever mention again that you didn't want to fly fighters. Very uncool.
Haha, something about that line just cracked me up. It being a very true statement is probably why. I'm not really sure what my deal is. I've seen them fly at airshows and I'm always completely in awe of what man has created. Thinking, "wow there's a person in that thing!?" as it performs a high speed pass. I just don't have a desire to fly them... yet, I suppose.

So, I could presumably take the tests, get qualified and send out my resume and wait for them to call on me for an interview without any real solid commitment to the military? Since this takes years sometimes, I could work a civilian A&P job and get my PPL and work on my hours in the mean time. So IF they called me up, and IF I managed to get a slot I would then be off for training for several years? Someone mentioned in a previous post that your civilian job will hold your spot during training. Does this mean that IF I made it to the point where I could fly I could do this almost like a part-time deal, and also work my civilian job when I'm not needed? That would be right up my alley, getting the best of both worlds.

One last thing, what is the difference between the ANG and the Reserves?

Thanks fellas.