View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 08:35 AM
JDFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by Sr. Barco View Post
Our FOM allows 30 knots on a straight taxiway. The company says it's safe. The FAA signed off on the FOM and we do it everywhere without any hassles so don't give me the "taxi no faster than a 3 legged dog" speal.
Ha ha!! Love it!! Cheers to SWA and their efficiency, safety, recent pay raise for their pilots, and tremendous customer service! It is the customer, not management that pays all our salaries.

One of the best parts of the the book "Nuts" about SWA is when the author details Colleen Barrett talking about airline executives from other competitors coming to visit SWA HQ's and asking "what is the secret?", "how do you do it?" and then she tells them there is no secret - just look at how we operate. And their collective response is well "we can't do it that way, it would never work."

When an airline, not to pick on American, but like American, pays their pilots by the minute (instead of by the trip), you get taxi speeds at ORD (NOT like a three legged dog, that would be entirely too reckless and fast) like a one legged turtle.

Please no flames because I am praising SWA. I know there are those who are already typing a response before they got to this sentence. Your distain is duly noted. But more importantly, thank you for working for somebody else.