Thread: Compass
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 02:27 PM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by cruiseclimb View Post
My buddy with 6,000 hours, multiple types, and an internal rec has been waiting for about 4 months to get a call from Compass... Good luck (not sarcasm).. I think things will start to improve soon, but our other friend at Delta told us that they are about 1,000 pilots fat right now, but don't want to furlough. Haven't confirmed this or not with other friends there. Another thing to consider, I'm not sure how the rules work, but the Delta guys have heard they can flow down to Compass if they do furlough. I'm not sure if they have to come from Compass or not.. Maybe someone in the know can shed some light on that.
As of now, if Delta furloughed the entire Compass pilot group could be flushed(except for maybe some managment pilots, I'm not sure) The reason this is possible is because when NWA was hiring not a single Compass pilot was eligible to flow up. In order for a Compass pilot to be protected from & senior to all flowbacks is for said pilot to bypass his/her one & only opportunity to flow to Mainline. Since no one has done so, no one is protected from flow backs.

That being said, Delta is overstaffed, but not nearly 1000 pilots overstaffed. As a matter of fact, Delta is closer to HIRING then we are furloughing.