View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 01:12 PM
flyin201
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2009
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by Slice View Post
Do you really want to walk into an interview and have to say you went to Everglade U? Caveat Emptor.
Any reason why you think Everglade is no good? The reason for asking was to find out whether or not it was good and why.

Originally Posted by Ewfflyer View Post
Why does it have to be an Aviation degree? I don't know of anyone that would look down upon a pilot for having a non-aviation degree. In fact, it might be towards your benefit to have something else. I always refer to my degree as my B.S. in BS. Doesn't do anything besides say I have a degree, outside that it's worthless.
It doesn't "have" to be an aviation degree. But, considering I hold a flying job now means I'm not about to let it go, which means I need an online degree for flexibility. Also, considering I have an A.S. in aviation right now, means that credits "should" count reducing the amount of time in school, which also means reducing the amount of cost of school.

I would like to get a degree in something different for the sake of being more diverse and "well rounded", but time and $ are two things I have to consider.

Any more info out there on Utah Valley University, or any school with online B.S. degrees for that matter? Thanks for everyone's input...