View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Climbto450
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320 F.O.

Originally Posted by blastboy View Post
Take a chill pill there, buddy! First of all, 85K first year is a lot of money, I don't care what you tell me. Could it be higher? Sure, why not. The more the merrier. So if making 8K a month isn't decent, what are you going to do to change it? What are you going to do to make the salaries more suitable? Because if you're not being proactive in changing things then you're just as guilty as the mentalities you speak of. We could go on all day long about what salaries should or shouldn't be, but what actions are you taking to improve them?
What you fail to realize is that this aircraft is the crème de la crème of corporate flying. This aircraft and the GV are the height of a corporate pilot's salary. There are no 747/777/A380's in corporate flying like what an airline pilot has the potential to fly. For those pilots that stay in corporate there whole carriers there is no aircraft that commands more money and by somebody coming in at flying it 2/3 price it is the equivalent of being an airline scab that crosses a picket line. This hurts pilots as a whole. The damage done by someone who agrees to much less salries brings the whole industry down. If you want to make 85k go fly a Cl-600/601 it is very similar to an RJ and pays is largely a domestic airplane. Just remember when the airline's hire you back your life goes back to normal meanwhile you leave the carrier corporate guys with a lower standard of living because you sold out. I don't mean this as a personal attack on anyone; I am just trying to keep the standards up on the corporate end.