View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 07:55 AM
FL450
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Thrill Seat

Originally Posted by Climbto450 View Post
What you fail to realize is that this aircraft is the crème de la crème of corporate flying. This aircraft and the GV are the height of a corporate pilot's salary. There are no 747/777/A380's in corporate flying like what an airline pilot has the potential to fly. For those pilots that stay in corporate there whole carriers there is no aircraft that commands more money and by somebody coming in at flying it 2/3 price it is the equivalent of being an airline scab that crosses a picket line. This hurts pilots as a whole. The damage done by someone who agrees to much less salries brings the whole industry down. If you want to make 85k go fly a Cl-600/601 it is very similar to an RJ and pays is largely a domestic airplane. Just remember when the airline's hire you back your life goes back to normal meanwhile you leave the carrier corporate guys with a lower standard of living because you sold out. I don't mean this as a personal attack on anyone; I am just trying to keep the standards up on the corporate end.
While I agree the global is fun to fly(at least the sim at FSI) its not the top of the corporate lader. Large companies such as Boeing and various other companies have BBJ's such as the 737'7/8/900's outfitted for 20-30 people. Race teams such as RCR and Hendricks have B727's and CRJ's, Indian princes and African Kings have 757's outfitted with gold sinks and full bed rooms these are the top of the corporate lader! However as an entry level pay, key word being entry level pay at $85k is almost at standards for the global.