Thread: Why so bitter about the younger pilots?

Flying Ninja , 10-24-2006 08:31 AM
Need More Flight Time!
Flying Ninja
Need More Flight Time!
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2006
  • Position
    Flight Simulator X
Quote: Come on next generation. Grow a set and organize, then negotiate a rate of pay that you can live on for a while. Unless you grab that golden ticket and get hired at FedEx, UPS, or SWA you're likely where your going to be for a long while.

Show some self respect and at least try to get paid what your worth (hint, it's more than the current rates).
So, how do you suppose the next generation should go about this? Go apply to the regionals and then when the interview is just about over when they ask, "Do you have any questions for us?" and say, "As a matter of fact yes, I would like for our relationship to start by you throwing out your laughable pay scale and let's negotiate a salary base with an annual performance bonus based on how much on-time flights I accomplish. And obviously, I'm looking for a nice 401(k) contribution from the company as well as a free medical plan." Somehow, I don't think that will go over very well. And obviously I'm not saying this is how you should do it, rather, asking HOW the next generation go about making this change for everyone?

At the end of the day, the next generation is just another group of pilot in La La Land all dreamy that some regional airline is actually interested in hiring them at sweat shop rates. The last thing (if it's even on the list) on their mind is how to go about toppling the existing pay scale.

So, I personally am curious as to how you go about this? Grow a set and organize? Organize with who? If I were to apply to a regional, how the hell am I supposed to know who else is applying? And to organize with my competition for the same job? Come now...