Bill Lumberg
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Space Shuttle PIC

Originally Posted by NJA Capt View Post
Yes. I think the fact that the quote came from

Who:

Pretty much says enough.

Let's see. An (former) executive for a competitor who is demonstrating his lack of knowledge about the competition, by relating information that he has no access to. Anyone with a real clue knows that the first paragraph alone has more holes than a screen door.

Furthermore, the entire aviation industry is going to take years to recover. It doesn't take a rocket consultant to figure that out.
I don't completely disagree with you. Sounds like he is guessing - but that is a big decrease in aircraft. He's talking about a fleet roughly 1/3 the size of present day Netjets. You could say this consultant probably has a better picture of user/owner demand than Netjets and other fractionals because he works with owners and potential owners every day. I am sure his business will be hurt too with fewer customers going forward.

Netjets ordered hundreds of aircraft based on projections of demand that were clearly not realistic (probably given discount pricing for volume orders). They hired hundreds of pilots based on those aircraft orders. And then the bubble burst. It will be interesting to see what the new CEO does to match supply with demand - I hope that doesn't translate into the "expected" pilot job losses. Let's hope he doesn't talk to this consultant. I do hope that the slow economic recovery leads to fewer job losses and some new demand but you never know...