View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 03:06 PM
The dude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: DAL 737 FO

Originally Posted by Jetset0045 View Post
Ugh, this attitude KILLS our industry!!...If you are qualified for a position, and are offered a sub par salary, you should have the right to demand to be compensated accordingly for your skills and services, and not have to worry about someone else trying to undercut you for a job!...I'm not sure what the solution is, but we've got to get guys to just not be willing to work for sub par wages...I understand there are many pilots out of work, and any job is better than no job, but accepting a sub par wage will only hurt EVERYONE in the future, when things get better.....As someone said earlier, if you are flying the crem-de-la-crem of corporate aircraft, you need to be compensated in such a way....

P.s......there should NEVER EVER be a comparison of corparate salaries to regional or airline salaries, no matter what airplane, no matter what seat!.....
That's my whole point. If this guy is just a CFI then he's not qualified to be flying a corporate Global. That's why I'd say he's crazy to pass up the opportunity if there's a flight department wacko enough to put him in one. If you think any CFI is gonna pass up an opportunity to jump into a large corporate jet, even if the pay is sub-par, I want some of what you're smokin'. Not saying it's right, it's just reality.

.....and I agree with your point of not comparing Regional to Corporate pay. Apples and Oranges.