View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 08:52 PM
iaflyer
seeing the large hubs...

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 73N A

Originally Posted by BoyFromSouth View Post
When filling out the MD in case I get kicked off the 7ER NYC, how do I go about getting pay protected? I was under the impression that to receive 7ER pay I had to make my MD preferences by order of positions (page 22-2). So let’s say I get booted off the 7ER NYC, I would have to bid all other 7ER bases, then all other 767 bases, then all 73N bases, then 320 bases, etc. in order to receive my current pay?
I don't know the answer about the VD - maybe someone can help on that.

As for pay protection, as I understand it, you don't have to bid for other 767 equipment: the pay protection depends on whether you have a pilot junior to you on your old equipment. So, lets say you get displaced off the 7ER and end up on the M88 in ATL. If there is one pilot junior to you that is holding the 767, 7ER, or 755 (NW's 757 bases) in any base, you won't get any pay protection for the 7ER. See below though.

Originally Posted by BoyFromSouth View Post
If I only entered one MD, example M88 ATL but I could have held 320 MSP I would not receive displacement pay from the 7ER?
In this case, you should get paid the difference between 7ER and 320, on top of your M88 pay, because you could of held the 320.

Last edited by iaflyer; 12-11-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Made a mistake on the 320 vs 7ER pay