View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Southerncowboyz
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: FURLOUGHED
Default Fs X

Well,

I've been playing FSX about a week now. Right off the bat I had to get a Video card, 512MB ATI I think it was. I also added 1.0G of RAM. My computer is a 3.0ghz single core. I also upgraded the power supply to 430 Watts to handle everything ... well, it runs well UNLESS you max out scenery, graphics, aircraft, and weather to ultra high then it skips a bit. I'm going to look at upgrading to a 3.ghz dual core next year but the game runs fine on modest settings with what I have.

There are a LOT of errors in the game. I have a list of thirty things so far, but the game is fun. Don't try to land a helicopter on a roof top in Dubai or Kalua Lumpur because you'll hit the building. I don't care if you sit it square on the H it's going to crash.

When you hit approach on the MSP while being vectored by the same sorry ATC that was on 04, be ready to click off the autopilot because the autopilot won't join up and then it'll do s-turns along the localizer. It doesn't do a very good job of holding the glide slope. Also, ATC is okay until you get into the terminal evironment then you look like Benny Hill running amuck with that funny music he has.

The light switches are backwards or inverted, the lights don't work properly, and the start valves stay open after start. I wrote Microsoft about it but I got the lame duck answer. Buy the game, but buy it with the knowledge that a patch will be out HOPEFULLY before Christmas. Microsoft definitely rushed this one to market, but it is fun.

Joe