View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 09:36 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by rickt86 View Post
USMCFLYR not to be rude but I think you just dont get it

If I had gone there, ya I could meet some local girl and get a date, and be that guy from the other school and kinda meet her friends.........or I could goto the big school, know people she knows, and actually cross friend her friends and have much more interlinking lives, if she doesnt work, there are 14,000 other girls in a 2 mile radius. Also I got my D1 football team, tailgating football games, the joy of having a good team, post season bowl games. Also because I am at a school of 26K I have awesome activities, like student govt or any political org you want to be part of, or activity that interests you, full of more girls/cool people. I have a city 1 mile large with 100's of house parties, not just bars, with house parties full of girls as well as people I KNOW, and this happens every thur/fri/sat. I mean the girls I crossed beyond friends with in college where from group projects for classes, student activities I was involved in, sporting events, house parties, friends parties, friends pre games to sporting events, post games, just hanging out among friends, but rarely just going out to the bar. I personally am very happy I went to a D1 school, and the people I talk to that did Emer. rid did not enjoy college like I did.
Well I obviously don't get it because you are still talking about the school and I'm talking outside of the school.
Rickt86 - you seem to think that I am advocating going to ERAU. I am not.
I'm saying that if someone can't get a date in Daytona Beach then he has bigger problems than going to school. For those of you still struggling to find that date in Daytona Beach - best of luck to you.
ERAU is not a Division I school experience; but the guys that did go there seem to want to find every excuse under the sun why they couldn't find a girl it seems. Finally - sorry if I ever gave you the impression that I was comparing ERAU to a *regular* college. I'm certainly no recruiting poster buy for ERAU - especially in these times.

Hobbit - at no time in any of my responses did I advocate that ERAU was a *normal* school experience on the social scene. The real question in our opposing views would be to go to the local social scene and then ask your wife if there were no girls around. Like I posted in my thread - a college that is about 1 mile away with a 58% population of females is pretty good odds and what MOST would call a targer rich environment. Btw - you lost me on the whole mud hut and strike group thing. I'm single seat! The fewer the better.

But I tire of trying to convince you guys to go outside of the school and look for female companionship I'd rather spend my time thinking of ways to keep guys at ERAU away from my daughter!

USMCFLYR