View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:21 PM
ryan1234
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: USAF

Originally Posted by AAL763 View Post
Do you have to run miles, do really hard exercises, and go through a basic training type of course before you can join the Civil Air Patrol?
No basic training for CAP. Promotion in the cadet program required you to run a mile in a certain amount of time, and x-amount of push ups and sit ups. Of course it may have changed in 8 years...I'm not sure what you mean by 'hard' exercises?

It wouldn't hurt your future pilot-medical-health to run a couple times a week or do some pull-ups/push-ups etc...

As much as I love to hate ERAU, and wouldn't wish it upon most people.... they did/do have one nice thing... and that was the sport aviation club. If you get involved in that they can guide you to aerobatic competitions in the Pitts and gliders (I think)... as well as learn tailwheel in their J-3 (which is always a blast to fly) - they rely on donations and member dues to maintain their aircraft... so the prices are very reasonable all things considered.

There is also a 'flight team' of 'cutting-edge aviators' at ERAU... I'm not sure exactly what they do... but you can tell who they are because they wear these blue jackets that say 'flight team' with their names on them. If that sorta stuff tickles your pickle.... have at it.