View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 05:51 PM
nitescream
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by moonkey View Post
I believe you are doing the right thing despite of what you read on these replies, actually it is always a good idea to try to look at the picture as a whole, rather than with a microscope, it is going to pick up sooner than later. It was a tragedy in 2001-2002 and then a hiring frenzy 2006-2007. Just don't get into this for the money, do it because you love flying as most of us do. Good luck!
I hear you man! I have the opportunity to become a police officer, but I do not want to settle because I know I will keep wondering how far I would have gotten in this industry. I know I am still training, but that is the beginning of the journey. I have a few legit connections already due to other jobs I have had surprisingly outside of the aviation world. For example I have done a few oil changes for people and we end up having a few conversations with some and I would mention my future goals and one person happened to be a pilot and give me their numbers and few other numbers. If I was worried about the finances I would have just stuck with becoming a cop. I know finances will not be the best for many years as I try earn jobs and get with bigger companies. One thing is for sure, I will be happy during every second of it! Money cannot buy happiness.