Thread: Cape Air
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 11:18 PM
NightIP
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by BelowMins View Post
The changes Cape Air has undergone in the past year alone it's anybody's guess. BOS was always a very senior base and has become less and less senior. HYA was always the large base that most pilots lived in and the junior guys moved to the Caribbean in the winter. The Caribbean has now become a relatively senior base as well. Now all the new stuff is junior but it seems we get some new flying every few months so it keeps changing.

We were a profitable company in a year very few companies, much less airlines, can claim so it seems there is a great method to the madness.
Yeah, I can't believe how senior SJU went this winter.

Originally Posted by minitour View Post
Any update on a guestimate for how many Eagle folks will be leaving Cape to accept their recall? Others being recalled? Anyone got a "best guess" how senior LNS and/or HGR typically go?

...I've really got to get on my stuff to try again.

-mini
Lord Captain Mini,

I'm not aware of any Eagle guys around, but it's possible. I could possibly get recalled in 2010, but it's still up in the air whether I'd take it or not (wishful thinking, but if we got a solid contract with better pay rates I wouldn't mind sticking around...). There has been a bit of movement in the past few months though, and will probably continue. A few recalls here and there, a few guys getting new jobs, going on LOA, etc.

LNS and HGR will probably see openings, assuming the contract gets extended past March (I sure hope so, I have a lease). You're going to be hard pressed to get into HGR...they have a couple 10+ year guys there who aren't going to budge, and one guy who's pretty content there for the longer term. That said, one of the guys is leaving soon for another job, which will open up a vacancy. LNS is definitely more junior. Senior guy is a 09/08 hire, junior is 01/09. I know two of us aren't budging until recall (possibly), and the other two guys are pretty content for now. I'll keep an ear to the ground. Vacancies in either base tend to go junior, with the exception of the last HGR bid.

By the way mini, my offer still stands to give you a good word to the hiring people (if that'll help any), so let me know when you toss in.