View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 07:11 PM
captnmajic

Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
Why the hatred for the TSA? Yes, I've laughed at the jokes, the "Tub Stacking Association" was one of my favorites, but what alternative do you have?

I can guarantee that joe public was pretty glad when this stuff was put in place after 9/11. It replaced a rather spotty system of private contractors. I'm not enamored of some of the silly rules, or the long lines, and especially not fond of the FACT that in this case the terrorists succeeded in causing a huge expenditure for government funded airport security.

The fact is there is no alternative right now.
Most of the passengers (and crews) who moan the most about security precautions at airports would moan even louder if the current policies were replaced with the earlier "system".

What do you suggest, seriously?

Agreed, but the frustration from most of us is that the system failed big time in allowing the passenger to ever board in the first place. Rather than fixing a failed system of "no liquids, gels, etc" more asinine bureaucracy is being put in place to cover for the governments' failures. It's the passengers who will ultimately pay the price.