View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 11:00 AM
NightIP
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

As far as I know, the same people who were allowed to vote in the last election are allowed to vote in this one. The fact that FOs aren't allowed to vote is absolutely ridiculous in my mind...I'd hoped the NMB would have made sure that every pilot on the seniority list got a proper vote. Guess not.

Actually, the biggest thing that needs to be fixed is FOs not being put on the seniority list by DOH. Whichever union ends up sticking around needs to fix that. It's simply not fair, and is really paints the picture that FOs aren't important around here (and that's not true).

I've been to an IBT meeting post 747-shakedown and was impressed. There are probably lingering issues, but well, CAPA can't support itself financially. I'm going against what I said in my last post by saying this, but CAPA lost my vote when they said that the pilots should get AOPA legal insurance. What kind of union says that? A real union has a responsibility to its members to support them during any kind of disciplinary action, either by management or the FAA. This does require an attorney much of the time, and a union needs to be able to provide one. CAPA cannot. I want real legal representation, not some amateur AOPA insurance. We're professionals here.