Old 12-31-2009, 03:14 PM
LastTraintoMEM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: G280- Captain

A couple of years ago my DO/Captain and I were walking out to our Hawker with our country music client we had been on tour with when the manager informed us that we were not going to be allowed to go to our next tour stop in Canada because one of the pilots had a DUI. DOH! I knew it wasn't me, and the DO/Capt denied all. Come to find out he had had a DUI arrest a couple of years before, but no conviction because of a technicality (so he says). At first, there was nothing we could do. Much ass kissing, and negotiating finally got us a "you can fly here, but the guilty pilot cannot leave the plane!" Plus, I think a lot of people were going to lose a lot of money if the concert didn't happen. Enroute, our dispatcher negotiated a deal with them where he could get off the plane, but he could not drive anywhere. Our company was going to shuttle another pilot up to swap out because we were suppose to be in country for a week. They are hard asses, but I think you can negotiate with them. Maybe tell them you will not drive while there. It's worth a shot.