View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Seabat 33
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by stickwiggler View Post
I can't believe that no one has posted any hard info. I've been in Costa Rica for a few days and I thought there would be better info.

O.K. this is what I know (oh, as a point of reference I'm a 13 yr Capt at ASA)

I was in the crew lounge gobblin' down some xmas turkey and Brad Holt walked in. After a little chit chat, someone asked him for a good rumor. He said "why don't you tell me some, it's more fun for me"

My F.O. told him that he heard about the Vietnam thing. He looked pretty surprised and simply said "yes". I was shocked, words like "NO WAY" or "you gotta be F%*&n kidding!" He then went on to explain that he just got back from Vietnam and that Skywest Inc was definetly looking at this. He said that it would be 900's and the new C series. He said that pilots could do rotation (maybe 90 days) and keep seniority at ASA. We talked some more about tax implication, visa requirements, etc.

Either they are really thinking about this or Brad is the master prankster of all time!

Stick
Maybe you should have shown him some of those pictures of Costa Rica on your phone, that would have lightened up the conversation a bit!