View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 09:10 PM
HotMamaPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: FO - 757/767

Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Yes, pay. Not Pie.

Nothing is posted on this site about pay. Anyone know what they start you at, and where they top out?
I used to jumpseat on them quite a bit(they feed us out of DEN). They will start you out in the Navajo(They do not hire metro street capt.'s any longer). The pay in the PA-31 is $100 per day(20 of it is per diem). You can typically transition to the SA-226/227 in less than 6 months. Your first year metro pay will be about $130 per day. You will fly 6 days a week. No calling in sick. Show at DEN at 5 am, to the outstation. Leave outstation at 7 PM, home in bed by 10:30, up and at it the next morning. You will scrape the ice off of your wings(de-ice fluid is unheard of there). You will load and unload your plane. You will spend all day at the outstation alone and in some crappy crew apartment. You will also do some of the best flying that anyone can do. HARD IFR, ICE, T-storms, HIGH terrain....cool airports. It will seriously be a character and a carrer builder. If I were an employer and saw Key LIme on the resume, I would hire them. Real good group over there who are some of the best sticks in the entire industry. PS it is all single pilot(and yes that means NO autopilot)