View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Busboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: leaning to the left

Originally Posted by AFW_MD11 View Post
that is their job - to accuse you in the first place & then try to convict you - not help you get out of the trouble they (or you) got you into (as in Mayday's utopian "major airline" he worked for scenario)

I was attempting to address that "other major airline"

I attempted to answer your question earlier as well.....as to who would I prefer they hire into management.......it doesn't matter.

Because if whomever they hire does the job they are hired to do....and well enough to stay hired.....their actions/activities are not going to be pro-pilot (no matter what they were before hired into management)

if they are pro-pilot, the company will show them the door back to the line (here at FedEx - not at Mayday's other "major airline" of course.)
I disagree with just about everything you've said.

I don't believe harrassment is their job.

I don't believe that being "pro-pilot" within the CBA, is anti-company.

I think who they hire, makes all the difference.

We have had numerous management guys that were very "pro-pilot" and were not shown the back door. We just lost one to brain cancer.

What you are describing is your perception of the current FDX management. And, I think it is accurate to a certain degree. But I would argue that, that culture has absolutely zero chance of changing, until they hire guys with a different philosophy...Which most union leaders have.