View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:21 PM
AFW_MD11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: MD11 FO, ANC

Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
I don't believe harrassment is their job.
I didn't say it was.....you did (or at least you said it is what they are doing.)

I don't believe that being "pro-pilot" within the CBA, is anti-company.
we agree.....again.....the statement I made regarding not being "pro-pilot" was in response to Mayday's thing of helping a pilot out of trouble when they had gotten themselves in trouble by (I ass-u-me-d) breaking the rules

I still say any management pilot that established a pattern of "covering for his bro's" or condoning bad behavior would, indeed, be shown the door?

I think who they hire, makes all the difference.

We have had numerous management guys that were very "pro-pilot" and were not shown the back door. We just lost one to brain cancer.
we agree again......I, unfortunately, never met that person - but, it sounds like he was an example of what we would both like to see in the people management hires.

I also think this type of manager is a thing of the past here at FedEx - see my next statement below.

What you are describing is your perception of the current FDX management. And, I think it is accurate to a certain degree. But I would argue that, that culture has absolutely zero chance of changing, until they hire guys with a different philosophy...Which most union leaders have.
Unfortunately, this is where it breaks down....I would submit that is exactly how the "new regime" in FedEx upper-level management likes it/wants it to be - and they are not interested in hiring "guys with a different philosophy" - in fact, just the opposite.

The management guys from the past who were "pro-pilot" are all but gone and if they have been recently hired (by accident) and they are found to be more "pro-pilot" than desired......they will shortly be returned to the line

I disagree with just about everything you've said.
seems like we agree on more than you thought......maybe....maybe not