View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Airbusdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 767 Capt
Cool Not what I meant...

[QUOTE=MAGNUM!!;73164]I don't think his comment was tounge in cheek. It WAS sarcasm, but I don't think it was meant how you took it. I also don't think my response was "touchy." If anything was "anti-military," it was his sarcastic post. At any rate, I don't feel guilty about going to fly the F-22. Should I? Further, the "anti-military" tack was directed at him, not you. YOUR Saudi time is pretty much irrelevant to the discussion. Nobody was accusing you of being anti-military.

Hey Magnum, stand down. My post was not sarcastic or anti-military, it was curiousity, period. I was just asking if you volunteered for this posting or not. If you remember, in your first post of this thread, you just mentioned you were going away (military) for a couple of years. You mentioned no particulars, i.e. going to fly an F-22, or going to a staff job. I was just plain curious if you had been involuntarily posted to the position or volunteered for it. As a USMCR Light Bird(ret.), I had been given "good deals" by my monitor in the Puzzle Palace that I wanted no part of. Yeah, they turned out to be for the most part career enhancing, that still does not mean I wanted to do them at the time( AWS, Air Officer for an FSSG, etc...). THAT was the meaning of my question.
Imagine my surprise/horror when I return to this thread a couple of days later and find World War III had broken out. Oh, it is pretty hard for me (8 years regular/ 13+ reserves) to be anti-military. Finally, I do not know how it is in the Air Force, but in the Corps, we shoot in the face not in the back. If I was trying to say anything to you like I was accused of, you would have known that in no uncertain terms.

Semper Fi,

Airbusdriver