View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 08:18 AM
AmericanEagleFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: ATR

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
50/50 shot of being off reserve, depends on the equip/base you want and how much hiring happens. If you do hold a line, it wont be a great one. After 2yrs in the right seat you might take home $2500/mo including per diem. Upgrades will be a loong wait. Do NOT come to Eagle unless you are prepared to sit in the right seat for 8+years. It might come sooner, it might come later. Nobody knows.
You're kidding right? I've been here for 2 years and had a line for 3 months while the senior FOs were transitioning over to the ATR. DON'T EXPECT A LINE. If any line it will be the standby line. With the latest VAC bid I still won't hold a line, and I'm in DFW!!! I love working here and everything is worth it, but don't get your hopes up, it still sucks sometimes. Like 0600 sign in for airport abuse lol. On the otherhand, I've gotten paid to watch a lot of movies this year. Just be reasonable, if you get the job here, thats all you got was the job. No seniority, and most likely a future of commuting for the first year. I wouldn't want to move to my first assignment, it can likely change. Good luck future FOs, I hope you have something in savings.