View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Flyby1206
SDQ Base Chief

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA

Originally Posted by Purpleanga View Post
Good points. For those who have no experience they'll go anyways but for those of us with previous 121 it's a harder decision going to Eagle. I'm thinking of applying but already know too well the BS of reserve life from my previous airline and I really don't want to do it for 2 years or more. And I know that if I go to Eagle I'm going to have to settle for a possibly 10-15 year career there to get decent PIC time because I don't want to keep moving airlines and start over. I'm not crazy about the ATR in SJU either. Eagle is good for those that are starting fresh that maybe live locally at the domiciles that don't mind staying that long but for some of us it's a tough place to go. Can you get on at Delta with 8000 hours ERJ SIC time?
Reserve sucks no matter what regional you are at. Like you said, Eagle is really great for those who live in one of our bases. Or someone who doesnt mind relocating. Or someone who can deal with being home 4-5 days a month total when commuting to RSV.

It not an easy pill to swallow to commute to RSV across the country as an FO for 2 years, but it can be a painful decision when it is eventually time to upgrade here. Do you commute across the country to sit eternal reserve (much longer than 2 yrs) as a CA or stay as a 10 yr FO?

Yes, you can get hired at just about any carrier with just right seat FO time, IF you know the right people. We have had lots of FOs leave Eagle for the places mentioned by eaglefly, but you need to make up for lacking PIC time by having serious connections and a great personality.