View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 06:25 AM
rocketman3746
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by dashtrash300 View Post
I think I have been getting screwed by unemployment ever since I got on it mainly due to Piedmont (according to the unemployment office)

Can anyone who is currently on unemployment, preferably for the state of Virginia because I do not know how it works elsewhere....maybe the same, check your March 30, 2009 pay stub and see what the total earnings are YTD? Then compare it to the Monetary Determination (for the state of Virgina) and see what the 1st quarter or Jan-Mar 2009 says your earnings are. Mine are over $800 off and from what the unemployment office and I can determine is it is ALMOST the difference between my total YTD earnings and my non taxable per diem. (Difference of about $6) Is it true that they do not use the non taxable per diem to determine your unemployment benefit amount? Since that is part of your total income?
I can't remember where I saw it, but yeah, I'm pretty sure per diem is not part of their calculations because it isn't considered taxable income. It would've been nice to have that extra 30 or so bucks per week though...

Last edited by rocketman3746; 01-08-2010 at 06:35 AM.