View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 09:07 AM
freightdog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat
Default 135 Cargo a Gamble?

Air Willie,

I can understand your frustration, believe me when I tell you that flying boxes is not for everyone. But, when you start it is really a lot of fun. Some days are better than others. Almost all the pilots start in the Chieftain and are there for 5-8 months then comes the possibility of a turbine upgrade to the BE99. Most will stay there for about 12 months and there is the possibility of a Metro or 1900 upgrade. There are very few of the Metros and 1900s and there is a 1 year commitment on the type aircraft. Many of the pilots I talk to in the BE99 have gotten jobs at Skywest in the RJ and a lot of pilots have been going to NJs (Net Jets) and a lot of the other fractionals after flying the 99 or the Metro III. Some pilots at AMF have been there for a few years are making descent salaries and going to a regional would be a step backwards in progress and pay. Flying for AMF makes someone very marketable to 135 jobs because of the turbine PIC time and the King Air type (99/1900) experience.
I'm based out of BUR and if you want more info, please PM me and I can give you more info.