Thread: FDX Hlth Plan
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Tuck
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD11 FO

Originally Posted by Bitme View Post
I find it funny as usual the misinformation already spreading like herpes.
First to the person who said we'll pay any way you look at it, I agree.
Second the current Cadillac tax proposed is supposedly for non-Union plans so I'm not sure where the said rep was getting his information. That being said it's still far from passage.
Third, FedEx is not self-insured as far as medical insurance is concerned just reference your Anthem Blue Cross information.
Wow - ironic here as you are spreading the bad misinformation (is that even a word?) - do you have herpes then?

1. Fedex is self-insured - we use Anthem as a processor. Most big companies of our size are self insured. Reference the email from the union about this today where they use the term "self-insured"
2. The current plan does affect Union plans. Big Union guys are trying to get Unions exempt, but for now it does include them.

For the other posts - even if Fedex went to outside insurance we are nowhere near $23,000- we can ask our MEC Chair (former R&I chair) what the costing model was used for health benefits in CBA 2006 but I imagine it was under $10000 per pilot. Even the most expensive monthly premiums added to that put it way under $23000 but if it is not indexed then at some point our insurance could possibly fit the definition of a cadillac plan.