View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 04:19 AM
Rightseat Ballast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: E170/175 CA
Default New Local coming at RAH

It appears that the first big steps have been taken towards divorcing RAH from IBT Local 747. The plan is to have RAH operate under its own local. Again, the process has already begun, and IBT Int'l is on board. This has the potential to bring some much needed change to our ability to stand up to the company, and to better represent ourselves given the evolving nature of our pilot group. Hoffa is giving RAH a lot of latitude in defining itself.

One of the major steps coming up is the creation of bylaws. Our EXCO has stated that bylaws will be written and voted on AFTER the seniority integration is complete, giving Frontier, Lynx, and Midwest pilots a real chance to help shape our collective futures. I sincerely hope Frontier and Midwest pilots will put their industry experience to work and make sure that the new local is all it can be.

I think 100% of the people at RAH and on this board are skeptical of how big any actual change may be, which is fine. But at least the potential exists to give teeth to our union. I hope this online community can muster up some support between all the bickering, and I hope everyone will see that this change can give us more power in negotiations, and give the newly integrated pilots more access to leadership roles within. There is no completion date set for the new local, and as I said above, certain steps will not be taken without the integration being concluded. Wish us luck.