View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 11:36 AM
FlyJSH
Day puke

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Out.

Originally Posted by OnMyWay View Post
No matter what threat comes from the company, as a professional, we need to protect ourself, our passengers and our certificates.
Originally Posted by AirWillie View Post
That's the reason why nothing has been done about this joke of system for decades. People still believe in professionalism. If you haven't noticed, professionalism is a one way street at the airlines. They rely on your fear of doing something stupid and killing a bunch of people to keep you alert for 12 15 hours. The RAA and management have alluded to this many times when confronted with this question and judging by your post the idea is still working on many of us.

Great article, if you know someone that works at a news paper let them know so that more articles like this will be published.
Professionalism means I do all I can to begin my day well rested. If something beyond MY control prevents me from getting sleep, as a professional I should call fatigued.

Regarding the COMPANY, being professional means building efficient lines that give the crews a REALISTIC opportunity to gain healthy, safe rest.

When the company is unprofessional, the crews are forced to compensate.

When a crew is unprofessional, the company throws them to the dogs.