View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Elliot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: "Prof" button manipulator

Originally Posted by dojetdriver View Post
A FACT to consider though, that contract is only industry leading because the legacies took such big hits. Something that most people overlook. And NO, I'm not a SouthWest "hater", I'd go to work there if given the chance. But again, that's a FACT. People can choose to ignore it if they so chose, doesn't change it's validity.
DJD,

I am neither a "WN Kool-aid drinking wanna be", nor am I a "hater of those who "invested in their future, by obtaining a type rating, and are currently employed there." It's a great airline, great people, but wasn't one that I'd seen myself working for, for personal reasons.

I will have to agree to disagree with you sir on your interpretation of why their contract is industry leading. "Yes", the other legacies filed bankruptcy, taking on the "concessionary" contracts that they have now. It is because they (legacies carriers) had "outdated" business models and chose to place their inefficiences and poor management decisions on the backs of labor.

Southwest on the other hand, up until the last few quarters of operational accounting, have been MAKING money. Not because their "employees" make too much, not because their "contract" is industry leading, but because they have a "SOLID & SUSTAINABLE" business plan, with an atmosphere between management and labor relations that prove to make this plan a success.

Good day,

Vikings Fan