View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 05:38 AM
supersix-4
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Reserve on tha Beach

Originally Posted by cfitstew View Post
As an 11 year SWA flight attendant who quit to try and return as a pilot there someday, I'll reply to the original question.

No, SWA will not waive the 1000 turbine PIC or type rating requirements for internal or former (or anyone) employees. You have to meet the same requirements as anyone off the street.

I was told by everyone who mentored me during my time at SWA that being a current or former employee will help you get the interview, but after that the ball is in your court. That being said, they want to hire back former employees but nothing is guaranteed.

As far as already being an employee and doing and internal placement application for pilot, I'm not sure that this has ever been done.

Also, be careful about having another flying job and working at SWA at the same time. SWA was ok with me working as a flight instructor and other flying jobs, but as soon as it was time to go to a regional I was told it was time to quit Southwest (hardest decision I've ever made). Of course I left on good terms, eligible for rehire and they know exactly why I left.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
X2.. I worked at SWA for 10 years on the ramp before leaving to fly at XJT. No guarantees.