View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 10:39 AM
NoyGonnaDoIt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by toney View Post
I am really concerned about getting that 63 knots on final and i try to trim for it, but my instructor told me that I should not be too concern about the 63 knots.

It's hard to know what you are doing without sitting next to you but, if by this your instructor means that he's catching you staring at the airspeed indicator rather than out the window, he's right that you should be a little less concerned about it.

In visual flight, instruments are a backup. When you drive down the road at 45 mph, you don't (I hope) stare at your speedometer. You rely on visual cues about your speed. That's what you are trying to accomplish with all visual maneuvers, especially landing. If this is the problem, then your latest CFI might consider covering the instruments for a few landings. When you have to rely on your eyes, it tends to helps with a multitude of landing problems.

btw, I don't know what other sites you are using, but for a student pilot, I'd recommend you take a look at Student Pilot - Flight Training Online.