View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 04:17 PM
banger

Options and CSSP can be complicated and it has been my experience that people who attend pocket sessions often either misinterpret or confuse some of the facts.
Yesterday I had the pleasure of listening to David address the latest recurrent class. On the subject of CSSP he again mentioned what a powerful program it was to motivate and reward loyal crewmembers. He mentioned that he had spoken to the board of directors about why it was so important (CSSP) to the success of jetBlue. What I took away from that session was the feeling that it would never go away while David had a say.
He also mentioned some facts about stock options and how the vesting program was complicated and somehow was reported as a paper loss on the out years. He did mention that they were looking at ways to vest everyone immediatley instead of over the seven years the original contract stated. (thats what my pee brain picked up) He said he wasn't exactly clear in his own mind how it would work so I couldn't be any more specific about it. Maybe thats what people attending pocket sessions might have heard. I really make it a point to only believe as fact what I hear for myself in this buisness.
Banger