Old 01-23-2010, 11:10 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Cleco View Post
Was told there were about 20 10-pointers and 60 5-pointers...and alot of 5 point claims with no DD214s. I was told no 5 pointers made the list, apparently that is not the case.
Thanks for that update Cleco. I had initially heard that there were about 70 applications with Veteran's Preference - so that mirrors your information pretty good. As I said earlier, I had heard that 5 pointers would probably not be selected because of the numbers. Also - for those asking, I heard that the rough number of people needed was 5; basically one for each office (except for Anchorage), but I was also told that that could change based on what they received, interviewed, required AND liked.

aeromike49 - You said that you did NOT have 10 points preference correct? But you did have 5 points and you got the slip of paper in the mail that had the “eligible placed on the selection list” checked?

Good luck to all and let's keep the thread updated as well as we can for the benefit of all, especially those looking to reapply the next time. It would be nice if this thread was as informative as the CBP thread is for people looking for good steady jobs.

USMCFLYR