View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 08:01 AM
jtf560
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

You will probably get between 4 and 6 free airline tickets a year between airline miles you get on the way to and from work and from the Hilton double dipping. You will probably get at least 2 weeks of free hotel rooms a year from your hotel points. A lot of NJA guys go to Hawaii with their family every year for a week on points. The free airline tickets will probably be spread out since most of the domiciles are not a major hub for a specific airline so it's hard to get up to Silver or Gold with an airline where your miles get multiplied for more and more free miles. That said, jumpseating is awesome (better for single guys than families) and a family would have benefits on SWA which does continue to expand its routes and offer a lot destinations.

SWA will probably earn you more over the long run and you will probably end up with more days off- just not 7 in a row twice a month with 3 weeks off for every vacation. I believe reserve at SW is 15 off a month and with some seniority that will go up. I am very happy at NJA, but I would consider SWA if I had friends there- up until the day I upgrade. That is the one Airline that has a history of great management and that actually looks ahead to keep things going strong. Good luck whatever you choose.