View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 09:12 AM
stillageek
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Default Do it

I am in the same kind of boat. I was 28. Married. No plans for kids. Great Monday-Friday job. Mid $40's for pay. Easy IT job. I spent the last 4 years at another IT job working my rear off being field based earning low 50's working days/nights/holidays. I wasn't happy. Jumped ship to the current job. I now realize I don't like being in an office all day. I was sitting back in my office fhair on MSFS 2004 one day with my CH yoke and pedals when I made a comment about how I would love to fly...my wife looked at me and said either do it or stop talking about it. I jumped. Living your dream is an amazing feeling. You only live once. We know it will be a rough 2-4 years and a prepped for it. I double majored in college and have a nice shiney degree to hang on the wall that I will never use. Until I started flight training I was working to live. I am doing ATP's self paced program. Started May 5 with nada. Now November 1st and I have my private single and multi working on my instrument. I only go 4 days a week so it's slower than drinking from a fire hose. Loving every minute of it.