View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 05:28 PM
SoCalGuy
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

"Our officers have extremely difficult jobs," says Lee Kair, who heads up security operations at TSA. "And they are very, very professional in what they do, and they're very trained and they're skilled at how to interact with people."

HEY KAIR!!!!

You can't referring to the SAME "extremely difficult" job that the Exit Monitor just "WALKED" away from in EWR last month?? You don't know what I'm referring too??? Let me refresh your memory partner......
http://gothamist.com/2010/01/07/newark_1.php

Words like "Professional", "Skilled", and "Trained" all in the same sentence are huge. Are those the same traits that are instilled/encouraged in TSA Officer's who see it "FUNNY" to plant powder filled baggy's in passenger's screened luggage??? THEN find it humorous to question them in a post xray shake down while watching the passenger sweat??? REAL Professional I must say.....YOU and the TSA should be ashamed.

As far as compensation.....there are Regional Airline FO's who make just about as much as your co-worker "Anthony" who cites his discontent with his meager annual salary of 25K. Just out of curiosity, did our friend Anthony, or most his fellow TSA screeners:

***Obtain a college degree??
***Did he/they go through several years of training/schooling to qualify for their TSA screening jobs??
***Do they have mountains of 'finacial loans' that they accumulated while funding their many years of rigorous training to become a TSA officer???
.......I would dare 'guess' the answers to most of the questions posed above would be a resounding NO.

You & your 'co-worker' will get very little/to no sympathy regarding your plight.....pedal your music elsewhere.