View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Free Flyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B777 FO/IRO
Default Colleges do matter

Originally Posted by GrUpGrDn View Post
Ask yourself this question. What will ERAU/UND/WEBSTER do FOR ME in regards to flying for an airline that somewhere else will not? A degree from ERAU/UND ETC..... will not, I REPEAT NOT, get you into an airline faster than anywhere else. Why, you may ask? The answer lies within the hallowed halls of APC. Please, please research before you and your parents decide on THE BEST COURSE FOR YOUR EDUCATION. AIRLINES HAVE NO PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT NO MATTER WHERE YOU MAY GRADUATE FROM.......
I beg to differ. On the Continental Airlines application if you went to Purdue you check the box and it gives you more points towards getting hired. That being said, any place you decide to go would be fine, but I would highly consider getting a degree in another field but continue to fly on the side so you have a backup if you get furloughed from an airline. You can't replace passion for flying, but it's hard to replace lost money when you don't have a flying job and any other degree to fall back on. Just a thought. By the way, I'm a Purdue grad and I did love it there!