View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 04:59 PM
vagabond
Administrator

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: C-172

Originally Posted by deferredap View Post
I'm not sure what you are getting at.
Doc, you are not the only one who is not sure what SkyHigh is getting at. Pretty sure SkyHigh himself doesn't know what he's getting at sometimes.

When I was accepted into law school, I was told that I was one of the elite .001% of the population to have the brain power to make it. I thought that was the stupidest darn thing I ever heard. When in school, I met some incredibly brilliant minds as well as some people I wonder about to this day. The same was true when I had to train law students and same now of the people who appear before me. The really smart and intelligent ones are as smart as some of the airline pilots I have met here. Just like in any profession, the majority are good people, and there will always be some idiots who more rightfully belong in reform school.

Every profession (aviation, medicine or legal) is getting battered hard right now. It's just the way things are unfortunately, but I believe that things will turn around. The key is to be ready for it and to recognize it when an opportunity stares you in the face. I've always exhorted the young members here to network and get additional training if you need it. Make use of your time on furlough.

Not sure what I'm getting at.