Thread: Jump Pilots!
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 07:03 PM
lakehouse
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo

Originally Posted by jrutt View Post
right on ya my man. flying jumpers is the best kept secret to building time in this biz. i started the same way u did and loved it.
communication is the key, jumpers and jump pilots get a pretty bad wrap sometime. and just a little explaining goes a long way. if ya ever have a rainy day and the parties not on at the DZ head on over to ur local tracon or app control and say hello and if the dzo is cool with it some free or discounted jumps(tandems or static line). i made my first jump before i ever flew them and am addicted to no end. knees in the breeze. keep smiling and enjoying they early days of ur career u will look back on them with envy and fondness. PS jumpers can be a pain in the ass sometimes and u have to watch out for uor ticket no one else will, but it sure beats working in a factory
How come you stopped? What did you make? I love to so much man, if I could make 25K+ flying a turbine, I could easily do this for quite some time, I am getting super sucked into jumping, the scene, and the dropzone, I will be sad to let it go! I got a audio line in on my audio panel, and get to fly for 20 min with a takeoff/landing, and a few new faces each load, I can not imagine better flying.