Thread: Compass updates
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 04:54 PM
bohicagain
looking for underboob

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: NYC 7ER LCA

Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
I never said that the hiring standards were the same. NWA was heavily involved in the hiring process at CPS, but you're right: the standards used were not the same. CPS pilots are no better than MSA pilots and vice versa. The only defference is that the CPS flow up agreement was in place from day one. This gave NWA the opportunity to be involved in the selection process from the start. The MSA agreement came more than sixty years after MSA started operating so there's an additional filter in place.

You're correct that NWA no longer exists, but NWA LOAs 2006-10 & 14, which reference our CBA, were carried over in tact. All references to NWA in them are understood to mean DAL per the JPWA. NWA LOA 2008-01 is the MSA flow agreement and was also carried over in tact.

CPS hired exactly zero people straight from instructing. To my knowledge the low time pilot had just under 1,000 hours and was not the individual you referenced above (I know her). I am personally familiar with the vast majority of our new hire qualifications from 07-08. ALPA and the company agreed that the seven people hired who did not have ATP mins would stay on the property. There were a few people who wanted them gone, but lucky for the low-time pilots "lucky seven" those people were not in a position to make that happen. In exchange ALPA got an "iron clad" interpretation of what a "Captain type rating" means. The lucky seven got AQP ATP certificate training at the company's expense.

I have no interest in debating who wants the flow and who doesn't. It's in all three of our contracts and has provided DAL pilots with additional job protection. It could be said that DAL didn't furlough because of the flow and now DAL pilots want to deny a few compass pilots their contractual right to a job (or at least a training attempt) at DAL? I personally know several pilots at Compass who have no formal education past high school. Time will only tell what happens. If a degree is that important to DAL pilots then their should have been zero Compass new hires without one since the merger was announced.

If DAL decides to hold would-be CPS flow ups to the DAL objective criteria it will be interesting to see what the outsome is. NWA was not hiring and the CPS-ALPA CBA had not yet been signed when I came here. I met all of the objective criteria already when hired at Compass so it will not make any difference to me.

+1 Spot on..
The golden 7 they were prior 121 pilots who HR interviewed and hired and consequently HR reps fired from Compass.

I have also heard that Delta will check PRIA records. Not in the contract so time will tell.