View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 08:59 PM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by skork View Post
As a side note, I have a Masters degree and was a former WSO (navigator) in B-1Bs with over 2,000 hours. will that hold any weight?
It will speak volumes about you as a person. Committed individual, team player, works well with others, can handle stressful situations, learns quickly, able to think, function, and adapt in a complex and ever changing environment, can follow rules, knows what being a professional and having responsibility means, procedure orientated, possesses leadership skills. The list can go on as far as what a person with military experience brings to the table. As long as you don't pooch the screw in the interview.

Now, for the part you don't want to hear. Rarely, if ever, does WSO/RIO/BN/Engineer time count as far as checking off or filling out flight time qualifications go. I know, it sucks, it would be nice if some credit was given. But that's just not the way it is. An even bigger injustice is that helo time is often disregarded as well. Although some regionals used to count helo to a certain point. In 1999/2000 era SkyWest used to give a 1 for 3 credit on helo time with a max given of 750. In other words, 300 helo would count for 100 towards total time. But their mins back then were still 1000/100. So you'd still have to have the 250 FW and 100 multi.

My former employer however gave FULL credit for helo time. Lot's of guys hired that only had a mulit/comm airplane ticket and a ton of helicopter time.