Thread: UPS Furlough
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 10:41 PM
Night Eagle
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Thumbs up

Come on guys cash in the house in the Arctic circle and head with me to land of Sun, Sand, and Burkas ( I mean fun). That's right kids beach front property everywhere and the women know their place.

That's right I am talking about a 20 year career with Emirates Airlines. At least there you will know after your new hire training if you will ever get a command seat because they score you from the begining and have no upgrade by seniority.

That's right Johnny you may be good enough for a flight officer or a cruise captain, but never make command. Unlike UPS where maybe in 15-20 years right before you retire and if enough people die off. After a 3-5 year furlough you can climb those snowy covered steps in the Arctic circle breathing heavy wondering what the hell happened to my career

P.S. This is meant for humor because I am tired of the doom and gloom and chest thumping which is a nice gesture but, will fade quickly after we hit the streets for 3-5 years! (Historical Data from every major airline that furloughs)