View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 02:06 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
It's certainly legal to do so but there again, what is really going on is he or she is stretching the rules to log more time and the more intelligent interviewer will know how to spot that time. Only a few ratings require long cross countries with dual-instruction. If it's not one of those, then you are basically misusing the rules to log more dual-given when it is clear by reading between the lines that no dual-given is really going on. No law against it, just the ethical question. I know guys who log every minute they are in an airplane simply because they can. It is a blaring yellow flag in my mind at least they are not particularly honest. Rick or DE should have something to say about how the airlines regard it.
But if I let you fly half the time then we could both log 1/2 of the flight time as ME PIC (and the entire flight under total time for each of us?)
DE - I guess back inthe day there was some instruction going on from the backseat of cerain jets that didn;'t have an extra set of controls - but AT LEAST that instructor had a way to get out of the airplane just in case

USMCFLYR