View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Spoilers
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: FO4LIFE

Originally Posted by CrippleHawk View Post
The reason why compass is hot right now because they are the cheapest in terms of cost from MX (new planes) to labor and alot of other things. Keep in mind most employess will be there at 4 years at the most where Comair may have some guys there for at least 20 years if not greater. plus no offence to Comair but they have some of the oldest CRJs out there. Old planes tend to be a MX hog but that is my take.
Yes. I agree with you! We have a bunch of old and inefficient 50 seaters, along with a very senior and high cost pilot group compared to other DCI carriers. I still think it is crap that Mesaba & Comair is furloughing, so we can go apply at Compass, fly the same routes, in the same DCI system but at Year 1 pay again. I do hope the flow-through works for Compass, because it is a way for them to keep pilot costs low, but if it doesn't work or they get rid of it, their upgrade time and pilot costs will rise. I don't trust Delta and I don't believe a damn word R.A. is saying to their wholly-owneds. I've learned my lesson.