View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Schwanker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009

Originally Posted by MCFlyer View Post
As I've mentioned before, I am about 3 yrs to the end of my military commitment and am looking at all of my options. I've got about 1200 TT and in 3 years should have 1800-2000 hours with the majority of them being in the F/A-18. I do not have any civilian ratings.

I am looking for information on what I would have to do between now and then to get the required ratings to be qualified to apply to an airline such as Southwest, Delta, FedEx or any airline that may be hiring in 2013. What exactly do my military ratings buy me IRT civilian ratings? I am open to any recommendations on acquiring the requisite qualifications as I am not too familiar on how to go about getting them. (Besides the standard Google search)

Thanks in advance for the info!

MCFlyer
MC-
As soon as your eligible, get your ATP. There are 2-3 day programs where you can get written and practical knocked out. Not sure what it costs these days (1000-1500 + examiner fees back in the 90's), but well worth it. I believe 800-ALLATPS might be the number. Just google it. I did it in Riverside years ago, but they have several locations throughout the country. You'll be very competitive. Good Luck!

Schwanker