View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 07:50 AM
bearcat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by rdneckpilot View Post
stay in the Military. The airline QOL is horrible. After 13 years I'm getting out.
Funny. All a matter of perspective I guess. I've been guard reserve and active duty in a fighter squadron. I have been on leave for 3 years and I am happily about to return.

Timing is everything and there is no justice. I got hired at CAL at the right time. I don't take my work home and it is an easy job. Some would have to define QOL. It isn't what it used to be, but it is better than the minimum 12 hour day I slave at the squadron for maybe 7 days off every 28 days.

I'm never going to move and I love where I live. Commuting sucks, but when I am home everyone is happy. I will get PHX layovers, ,16-18 days off and make roughly 95K.

Back to your original questions. Everyone (myself included) wants to work at FEX, UPS, SWA. My advice is be willing to move to your domicile and your QOL will be huge. Reference the timing quote earlier. I think you are goin to have good timing with age 65 maturing in slightly less than 3 years.

It is a good job, not the dream job it used to be. The ops tempo will be MUCH slower than your current ops tempo.

PM me and I'll give ya my email address. We'll chat. Oh, get a reserve job somewhere. Some benies are worth the asspain.