View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 11:04 PM
ryan1234
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: USAF

Originally Posted by Pilot0486 View Post
I paid for some time from this program, here's a few things up front about it. The guy is a complete liar. They have 1 Seneca that is used for the majority of the flying. He also as an aztec and another twin that are in pieces. The maintenance on the airplane is shady. They guy that signs off their maintenance is located in Dallas and the plane was based out of Pompano Beach, FL. The IA on that airplane is a great guy and defiantly knew what he was doing, I just didn't know how much work he was doing on the airplane.

Make sure you have current charts (when I went on the trip the charts were a year old, luckily we were visual almost the entire time). The weight and balance hadn't been reconfigured with a seat out, that was the issue that was making me most nervous.

The actual flying experience was great. I purchased 50 hours and it took about 6 days (we were stuck in LA for a day). The flying was great. The guy I flew with and I are still in touch. you get to know each other when you spend 7 straight days together.

Let me know if you have any other questions
I'd be really curious to look at the mx logs....

The seat being out shouldn't be too much of an issue if you're not operating near gross.