View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:59 PM
strfyr51
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: A320/A319/B737 Sys Acft Maint Controller

Originally Posted by Fritzthepilot View Post
Aye,

And ye can stop bye the gate for a rousing United ribbon cutting as we celebrate the first of many shamrocks doing the Irish jig from the good ol' United gates. I'm sure we will top the Guppy parking celebration (yes, United actually freaking celebrated the parking of a whole 737 fleet) This is the edification of the hard work and tough choices we have made at Yenited.

Do you NOT believe for ONE minute that parking the 737's was NOT to show ALPA the "short end of the stick"?? The 737's did NOT have the Eicas NOR ECAM reporting of the Airbus or the other Boeing advanced electronic fleet aircraft.(so the Summer of 2000 "Flavor of the Week" Gripes could NOT be easily verified!!) If a fault is reportd on an Airbus and that fault is NOT an ECAM or verified CFDS reported fault? Well. It Didn't happen! And ! SAMC can verify for the most part whatever IS reported as fact once the airplane Lands. This was not the case on the 737. And it took the company a LONG time to "tumble" on to that. Look for the next Narrowbody to be FULL TIME/REAL TIME reporting and have the ability for SAMC to interrogate the airplane REAL TIME, IN FLIGHT without the need to download the DFDR or AIDS. Why?? Because the airline will say it's for "Efficiency" when it's REALLY to install an electronic "monitor". I lived through Summer 2000 as my first summer flying season as a controller.
I can almost GUARANTEE there won't EVER be another. That's why the 737 had to go. And why unless the NEXT 737 is fully EICAS?? United might Never buy another one.. Which is a damn shame because I LOVED the 737's